About Amarnath Yatra
Amarnath Tour Packages
Amarnath Yatra Routemap
Amarnath Yatra via Pahalgam
The route to Amarnath via Pahalgam is the longest and oldest for carrying out the Yatra. The distance from Pahalgam to the cave is nearly around 40-42 kilometers. The route goes is described below.
- The route for Amarnath Yatra starts from Pahalgam located at a distance of 43 kilometers from the cave.
- From Pahalgam the yatra moves to Chandanwari located 16 kilometers away from the destination point. Local transport is used to cover this route.
- From Chandanwari, the next halt is Pissu Top which is 3 kilometers from Chandanwari. Sheshnag is the next stoppage during the journey 11 kilometers from Pissu Top.
- The next point is Mahagunas from Sheshnag after covering a distance of 4.6 kilometers and further covering 9.4 kilometers, one reaches Panjtarni
- Panjatarni is 6 kilometers from the cave which is the last halt before Amarnath.
Amarnath Yatra via Baltal
The route to Amarnath cave via Baltal
is the shortest and the preferred option for the yatris as by taking this route the journey can be completed in one day, although it is narrower in comparison to Pahalgam route and difficult to cross for people. The distance between Baltal and Amarnath is 14 kilometers.
- The starting point of this route is Baltal which is located 14 kilometers from the holy cave. From there we move to Domail which is 2 kilometers from Baltal. Then the yatris will proceed to Barari which is 6 kilometers away from Domail.
- From Domail, the travelers move another 4 kilometers and halt at Sangam. From Sangam the cave is 3 kilometers which is the last stoppage before the destination point.